Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Passionate Living

My mission (as I choose to accept it) is to restructure my life in a way that I am LIVING PASSIONATELY.  One might ask what that means, to Live Passionately.  Can't say I rightly know.  I guess it depends on who you ask.  While it can mean any number of things, for me it means to be enthusiastic about living.  Unfortunately that is something I haven't felt for quite some time.  And I want to know why.  Is it due to the circumstances of my life, past and/or present?  To choices and repercussions of said choices?  Or worse yet, my attitude.  I say worse because I hate the idea that I've allowed a piss-poor attitude to take from me the satisfaction of a life well lived.  Although one could say that is the better of all reasons to contend with, as attitudes are adjustable.  Much like waistbands! 

This question may lead one to the next logical question of "How does one go about living passionately."  I'm glad you asked!  Wish I had the answer!  That is precisely the riddle I wish to solve.  Hence the creation of this blog.

So, riddle me this Batman = Does living passionately refer to an action or a reflection?  I think, for me, it will be comprised of both.  Life needs purpose.  At least my life does.  I need something to make me spring out of bed in the morning.  (The opposite of my current drag-myself-out-kicking-and-screaming-all-the-way morning experience.)  I need something to fulfill me.  I live a rich-enough life indeed, but feel overtly vacant.  Something is missing.

And then there's gratitude.  There's something greatly wrong when someone has as much as I do in their life and yet feels as empty inside as I do.  I am not happy.  And while I've had turbulence in life, especially as of late, it does not make for my lack of contentedness.  I have all the blessings one could want and more, but I struggle to feel full.  I appear to have misplaced my bottle of Magic Dust to sprinkle over my daily drudgery, turning it into a more magical and fulfilling life experience.

"At any given moment you have the power to say:  This is not how the story is going to end."

I love that quote!!!  It's so true!  And it's for this very reason that I see my blank canvas and feel the need to find the necessary tools to paint my bright and beautiful scape.  Hello, Blog Premise :-)

As I strike out on this journey of Self Discovery, finding my way to Live Passionately, I hope to use BEMUSED as a tool to track my progress, analyze my set-backs, befuddle the gods, solve ancient mysteries,...  Ahem, let me rein it back a bit.  In the end, this will be my blue print of how I did it.  And it is my greatest hope that one might find inspiration here for oneself.  Or amusement.  Or both.  Hey, one can hope! 

Are you amused yet??




No comments:

Post a Comment