Monday, December 8, 2014

In the beginning...

Mark this day.
It is important.
You may not know just yet in what way, but believe me, this is a big day.

Rarely do we know when something pivotal is about to happen in our lives.  Usually it catches us unaware.  But today, I just knew.  In fact, I think subconsciously I knew about the arrival of today for quite some time.  I know I've been working towards it for quite some time!  And here it is.  A Monday.

When I awoke this morning, I started the day with the usual morning rituals.  Being a Monday, I prepared for work while aiding my son in preparing for school.  And though this day started out like any other, I was keenly aware of how it differed. I knew instinctually that this day was going to mark something big, something important that I was about to do.

It came upon me back in November (Nov. 1st, to be exact) that I wanted to do a blog.  A different kind of blog.  Different, because I already had a blog set up to aid in a small art business I had going for myself. But I fell away from it, and the art business, when Life threw a huge curve ball my way the year before.  The life I knew so well, had so carefully plotted and planned for myself up until that point, had disappeared.  Not knowing how to cope with it all, I allowed myself to be swallowed up by a black abyss that seemed as suffocating as living itself seemed at that time.

Since then, I started the slow and agonizing process of finding my way back.  But even in the midst of darkness, before I struck out to rebuild a life, I found myself questioning the entire time.  Is this all there is?  Is this how it has to be?  Is it too late to want something different?  How do I do this?  And of course, the granddaddy of all life-changing questions:  What do I really want?

As life started to stir within me once again I found that the answers to some of these questions started to show up as well.  And one day I realized that the rest of my life was spread out before me, like a blank canvas, just waiting for me to call forth its creation.  And then a new batch of questions presented themselves:  What do I do now?  How can I possibly do this?  Where do I begin?  Funny how the questions never cease...

And so, today, I've created a new blog to address a concept that is not new for me, but one that I have yet to figure out.  The reason I'm making my concept public is because I believe many others are standing with me, looking out onto their own blank canvases, wondering just how to begin.

Today is important.
Mark this day.
I am the Artist.  And with the publishing of this blog, I touch brush to canvas.  My mission is to create my life anew.  And I do so by letting go of everything and allowing my passions to guide me.

Welcome to Bemused: Living a Passionate Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment