Tuesday, December 30, 2014

All About Timing

Like every other human creature on this planet, I have responsibilities.  And dragging my feet, kicking and screaming as I neglect their timely completion, doesn't make them go away.  Oh contraire!  They sit there, collecting dust, giving me the hairy eyeball, reminding me of yet another shortcoming I perceive in myself.


Who of us doesn't feel short-sheeted on time?  Who doesn't complain that there aren't enough hours in the day to accomplish all we wish to?  Gawd, how much time do I alone waste on that very same complaint?!


I see busy people all the time who seem to also manage living a fulfilled life.  And I covet.  I covet the secret knowledge they seem to possess on how to get it all done and look good doing it.  What do they know that I don't?  They speak to me of their accomplishments, of how they enjoy their down time, and I sit there stewing on why them and not me.  How do they achieve so much in the same 24 hours that I feel so little accomplishment in?  They prioritize.  I prioritize too, but not as well. 


  "Put first things first:
     The key is not to prioritize your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.  Do the important things first - because where you are headed is more important than how fast you are going."



We all need to work.  We all need to clean.  We all need to care for our children and other family.  But we all have hobbies too.  We all have interests to pursue.  And friends to be social with.  So how does one balance it all?  I better start figuring this one out real soon.  The whole purpose of this BEMUSED endeavor is to create a Passionate Life for myself.  And a Passionate Life done right is filled with passions.  I can't achieve a Passionate Life without ample time for impassioned pursuit.  Remember kids, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.


With the new year fast approaching, I took a moment to put together a list of all the good experiences I had this year.  I was thrilled to end up with a page-and-a-half long list of new experiences (double-spaced, but that still makes for a long list compared to years past).  I'm pleased as punch to see how well I achieved my 2014 Goal (resolution).  Pleased as punch!  You remember the goal in question -- Pushing my boundaries and stepping outside of my comfort zone...??  I nailed it!  And I'm using the momentum to push me forward into achieving so much more for 2015. 


My plan is to carry this endeavor into the new year, adding to it my 2015 Goal of Consistency.  But I'm also thinking Prioritize needs to partner up there as an additional goal.  Any substantial life change is constructed from the ground up.  My Passionate Life is going to require ample time to pursue my passions.  This quote is showing me the need to tackle this animal pronto! 


The new year is soon here!  More good things are on their way!!  Why hello there, Passionate Life!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment